Before I get into this Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil review, let me touch on the company that makes it.
Garden of Life’s a health food and supplement company that carries a variety of all-natural whole foods to help support good health.
All of Garden of Life’s products are organic and GMO free, and made from high quality ingredients.
Their products are never hydrogenated or have any chemicals or additives added to them; they are as natural as possible.
One of Garden of Life’s most popular products is their coconut oil.
They offer a 100% organic, extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil which contains no GMO ingredients, and is not refined, deodorized or bleached to ensure it retains all its amazing healthy benefits.
Garden of Life has earned itself a reputation of selling only the best quality products, and Garden of Life coconut oil is considered one of the best coconut oils on the market.
Their extra virgin oil is available in 14 ounce,16 ounce, 29 ounce, 32 ounce and 56 ounce jars, and can be purchased in some health food stores, grocery stores and online.
- This coconut oils are not hydrogenated, bleached, refined, or deodorized.
- USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, RAW, Certified Vegan, Pareve MK Kosher, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
- This pure coconut oil dietary supplement is an excellent source of healthy fat-burning medium-chain fatty acids for weight loss and management.
- This virgin coconut cooking oil is among the healthiest dietary oils in the world and delicious for cooking, baking and in smoothies.
- This coconut oil for hair & skin can be used for a deep conditioning hair treatment or natural skin moisturizer.
- Original Oil Only Available In Glass – Garden Of Life Rectified this problem and product now available in Plastic & Glass Jars.
I really like this coconut oil.
It’s often hard to make a decision with so many great products, but the size, price, and completely natural form of this oil make it excellent.
It didn’t have any weird scents or flavors aside from what you expect from an unrefined coconut oil.
This is quality cold pressed organic coconut oil which has been made by socially and environmentally sustainable means (‘B Crop’ Certification).
If you’re shopping around for coconut oil or looking to try if for the very first time, it doesn’t really get much better than Garden Of Life.
Garden of Life, raw extra virgin coconut oil [Video review]
Features of the oil
- Raw Coconut Oil: These coconut oils are not hydrogenated, bleached, refined, or deodorized.
- Organic Coconut Oil: USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, RAW, Certified Vegan, Pareve MK Kosher, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil: This pure coconut oil dietary supplement is an excellent source of healthy fat-burning medium-chain fatty acids for weight loss and management.
- Cold Pressed Coconut Oil: This virgin coconut cooking oil is among the healthiest dietary oils in the world and delicious for cooking, baking and in smoothies.
- Skin & Hair Care: This coconut oil for hair & skin can be used for a deep conditioning hair treatment or natural skin moisturizer.
Our Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil review
When you are on the path to living a more natural, healthier life, the topic of coconut oil is bound to come up. Look at any natural health blog, website, magazine, book, or store, and it will be loaded with coconut oil. It has so many different uses, is easy to find, inexpensive, and amazingly healthy.
The problem is that there are a lot of different options to choose from. The Garden of Life Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is one of the best types of coconut oil we have found. Remember that you always want virgin or extra virgin coconut oil that is unrefined, which is exactly what this oil provides you.
The Garden of Life organic extra virgin coconut oil provides all the main qualities you look for in this type of natural health product. It is unrefined and cold-pressed, which means it will still have all the nutrients you are looking for and does not have any processing or additives in it. It is also extra virgin, which is not always easy to find in coconut oil.
The oil comes in a 14 ounce,16 ounce, 29 ounce, 32 ounce and 56 ounce jar, so as to let you decide which is the perfect size for you. If you are just starting with coconut oil use the 14 ounce may be sufficient but if you are a full time user the 56 ounce may be a better pick. It does not have any added ingredients, bleach, or odor, plus is USDA certified organic.
Ways to use this oil
This extra virgin coconut oil by Garden of Life is perfect for just about everything regarding health and beauty. The natural, organic, and virgin quality of the oil makes it ideal and safe to use for just about everything. It can be used as a dietary supplement by ingesting it or adding to your coffee or food, providing medium-chain fatty acids that can actually help you burn more fat. IT is great for beauty if you add it to your hair or skin, providing natural moisture and shine that won’t cause breakouts like other oils do. It is also good for your teeth if you want help with natural whitening or general oral health.
Uses around your home
There is almost an endless list of coconut oil uses in and around the home and the ones that we use it for & vouch for are:
- As a skin moisturizer after a warm bath keeps your skin soft and supple throughout the day, surprisingly without feeling oily.
- Before shampooing, as a hair oil to keep them soft, manageable and deal with tangles/frizz.
- As a homemade Vapor rub by adding a few drops of peppermint & tee tree oil.
- As a body massage oil for your toddler.
- I also use it for eczema and hard skin on my elbows.
- And a little bit of cooking, you should totally try Salted Banana chips ( raw plantain) made with coconut oil, the combination of slightly sweet, salty and nutty taste is unlike any other.
4 points worth mentioning
- In case you’re new to coconut oil, unrefined means it smells like coconut & has a slight coconut taste. I may be used to it but, it is barely noticeable in flavor with food I pan fry to brown, like wraps. Refined will be more your traditional olive oil type of product. No flavor or scent. – Both can be used on skin & in the kitchen, but you really want the virgin/unrefined for “clean” purposes. – This is also the one you want if you’re looking to do oil pulling to clean your mouth. You can use it anywhere on your body. Dry lips, Dry or frizzed out ends of hair, all over body moisturizer (best to add to wet skin then dry off).
- Coconut oil is quite resistant to rancidification (spoiling) and can easily last upto 7-8 months even in hot climates, hence I recommend checking for any signs of (yellowish) discoloration or unusual solidification (mold growth) over time and when you first receive it.
- It should last more than a year in a cool, dry place like a cupboard.
- I liked the use of a transparent plastic container for this oil as it allows for easy inspection.
Garden of Life Extra Virgin Coconut Oil customer reviews
“In case you’re new to coconut oil, unrefined means it smells like coconut ( just divine) & has a slight coconut taste. I may be used to it but, it is barely noticible in flavor with food I pan fry to brown, like wraps. Refined will be more your traditional olive oil type of product. No flavor or scent.
Both can be used on skin & in kitchen but you really want the virgin/unrefined for “clean” purposes. This is also the one you want if your looking to do oil pulling to clean your mouth.
You can use it anywhere on your body. Dry lips, Dry or frizzed out ends of hair, all over body moisturizer (best to add to wet skin then dry off)
The best part is the way, it deliciously toasts anything you cook. I experimented with different foods after I used it to make French toast and, it was the best I’d ever had. Grilled cheese , pan fried chicken (for him. He raved.), extra firm tofu.. (yes, tofu. tastes like a cookie if you drain the tofu well and let it crisp, then sprinkle sugar)
This jar is also the perfect size for cabinet storage! Not so big it takes up the whole cabinet but large enough you can use it in the kitchen & on the body and it will last for a bit. Also, I just love Garden of Life. 9 times out of 10, their products are a winner. They are made well and always certified.”
“Just had a friend call today asking me for a recommendation for coconut oil, this product was my immediate recommendation. I drink a teaspoon a day in my coffee, I use it as my full body moisturizer as soon as I get out of the shower, as a hand moisturizer, as a hair treatment that I use overnight with other organic essential oils, makeup remover and I make a sugar scrub for my lips with this.
So, I have it in all 3 bathroom showers as it is the perfect size to fit in there, I keep an extra bottle in my night stand and obviously in the kitchen for cooking. I tried a different brand in a super size in a glass container prior to this. Big mistake! The bottle broke and I was out of of a full bottle and the cost. It also took up too much space in the kitchen pantry. It is great for your digestion also, thus the teaspoon a day in my coffee. It is the perfect size for everywhere, with a great price to go with it! If you think about the cost of moisturizers, makeup remover and so forth, you just can not go wrong with this product!
It takes me 1 minute to use other essential oil products to mix it within for skin and hair. With all the chemicles we use daily, this is a win win and the one product that I immediately can recommend with 110% confidence without any hesitation! Try it! It is a game changer and money saver! Also if you have an organic essential oil that you love as a fragrance, add a little to your daily full body moisturizer, I also add essential organic oils that are specifically meant for aging skin to the coconut oil in the evening. Love this product!”
I really liked this Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
As I said in my Carrington Farms Coconut Oil review, there are some truly rubbish oils out there.
It’s hard to distinguish between good and bad coconut oil.
Garden of Life doesn’t have any weird scents or flavors aside from what you expect from an unrefined coconut oil.
It’s definitely one of the better oils I’ve used.